The key features of the 1st Issue Cash Junior ISA are:
- Minimum balance £1
- Savings up to the annual statutory limit of £4,128 for the current tax year
- Tax-free^ interest which increases as the balance rises
- Interest added to the account annually on 1 October
- Available to children under 18 years old who were not eligible for a Child Trust Fund
- No withdrawals can be made and the account cannot be closed until the child (account holder) reaches 18 years old
- Transfer to another Junior ISA account allowed after 45 days' notice
Operation of your account
The Cash Junior ISA can be operated by telephone, by visiting our branch, or by post.
^Interest is described as being tax-free as it is currently exempt from income tax. The future tax treatment of Individual Savings Accounts may vary.
For further information please contact our
Savings Account Service Team on 03300 243411.
Return to Savings home