Our Branch Saver is ideal for savers local to our Epsom branch who wish to have easy access to their savings whilst earning an attractive rate of interest.
The Branch Saver key features are:
- Traditional passbook-based account for use in person at our Epsom branch
- Open your account with as little as £1 and save up to £1,000,000
- Add to your savings by cash, cheque or direct credit from your bank account
- Withdrawals available by cash, cheque or transfer to another National Counties account
- Withdraw up to £300 cash per day
The information provided is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
5th Issue Branch Saver
What is the interest rate?
| Rate effective from 19 January 2017|| Gross AER1 |
| £500+|| 0.71%|
| £1+|| 0.31%|
- Interest rates are dependent on balance amount
- Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 1 February
Can National Counties Building Society change the interest rate?
Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
|Opening balance||Projected balance (Gross)|
- This projection assumes that the account is opened with the stated amount with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at the end of 12 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Branch Saver is a traditional passbook-based account and can only be applied for in person at our Epsom branch. The passbook is required for all transactions
- A minimum of £1 must be deposited
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- A maximum of £1,000,000 can be deposited in the account
- Instructions for the account can only be made via our Epsom branch
| Can I withdraw money?|
|Withdrawals are available at branch only, without notice or access charge, and can be made by cheque, cash or paid directly into another account with the Society. Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information|
TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross from 6 April 2016 due to the introduction of the Personal Savings Allowance (PSA). You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
All financial information correct on 18 January 2017.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our FAQs page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our FAQs page where you can find details of the forms we require.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Savings Account Enquiry Team on 03300 243413.
If you're looking for an easy access account, you might also be interested in: