As an existing Savings Bond customer, our Bond Saver has been designed specifically with you in mind. Providing you with easy access and an attractive rate of interest, this account is ideal to transfer your matured Savings Bond proceeds to, should you not wish to tie the funds up straight away in a new fixed rate Savings Bond issue.
This account is exclusively available for re-investment of the proceeds of a maturing National Counties Savings Bond.
The key features of the Bond Saver are:
Invest the proceeds of your maturing National Counties Savings Bond
Minimum balance £1,000
Withdrawals are available without notice or access charge and will be paid directly to your pre-nominated UK bank or building society account or another account with the Society
Operate the account online, over the telephone or by post
No additions allowed
The information provided is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
5th Issue Bond Saver
What is the interest rate?
| Rate effective from 28 August 2016|| Gross AER1|
| £1,000+|| 0.65%|
| Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 1 September|
|Can National Counties Building Society change the interest rate?|
|Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
|Opening balance||Projected balance (Gross)|
| £1,000|| £1,006.50|
- This projection assumes that the account is opened with £1,000 with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at 12 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Bond Saver is exclusively available for re-investment of the proceeds of a maturing National Counties Savings Bond. The account will be opened on the day that your Savings Bond matures, provided that your maturity instruction and Bond Saver application form have been received, where applicable
- A minimum of £1,000 must be deposited
- Maximum investment is the proceeds of your maturing Savings Bond, up to £1,000,000
- No additions are allowed after the account has been opened
- Instructions for the account can be made via the Online Service, telephone, branch and post
|Can I withdraw money?|
Withdrawals are available without notice or access charge and will be paid directly into your pre-nominated UK bank or building society account, or another account with the Society
TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross from 6 April 2016 due to the introduction of the Personal Savings Allowance (PSA). You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
All financial information correct on 30 November 2016.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our FAQs page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Savings Account Enquiry Team on 03300 243413.
If you're looking for an easy access account, you might also be interested in: