Our business accounts are ideal if you are an organisation looking for a higher rate of interest than you would normally find with an easy access account and you don’t need access to your funds in the short term.
The Business Saver account is available to incorporated entities such as LLPs, Limited Companies, Companies Limited by Guarantee, Incorporated Charities and Housing Associations, and is subject to the following restrictions:
- Small businesses that meet at least two of the following requirements:
i. average number of employees must not be more than 50
ii. turnover must not be more than £10.2 million
iii. balance sheet total must not be more than £5.1 million
- No corporate / will trust / nominee shareholders
- Company to be tax resident only in the UK
- Company must be registered in the UK
- All members of the partnership, directors and shareholders to be ordinarily resident for tax purposes in the UK.
The Business Saver key features are:
- Save from £1,000 up to £500,000*
- Variable rate account offering a tiered rate of interest which increases with the amount saved
- Add to your savings by direct credit from your organisation’s bank account, by cheque or by cash (up to £2,000 per day at our Epsom branch)
- Withdrawals available after 35 days’ notice without access charge and can be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash (at our Epsom branch)
- Interest paid annually on 1 July.
*subject to the organisation's total holding with us not exceeding £500,000
The information provided is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
1st Issue Business Saver
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 6 February 2017||Gross AER1|
| £100,000+|| 0.40%|
| £50,000+|| 0.35%|
| £10,000+|| 0.30%|
| £1,000+|| 0.25%|
|Interest rates are dependent on balance amount|
|Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 1 July|
Can National Counties Building Society change the interest rate?
Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months?
Projected balance (Gross)
| £100,000|| £100,400.00|
| £50,000|| £50,0175.00|
| £10,000|| £10,030.00|
| £1,000|| £1,002.50|
- These projections assume that the account is opened with the stated amount with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at the end of 12 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Business Saver is only available for incorporated entities such as Limited Liability Partnerships, Limited Companies, Companies Limited by Guarantee, Charities and Housing Associations. For full information on restrictions please see the ‘Applying for an account’ section of the Product Features leaflet
- The account can be applied for by post or at our Epsom branch
- A minimum of £1,000 must be deposited
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- A maximum of £500,000 may be held in the account, subject to the organisation’s total holding with us not exceeding £500,000
- Instructions for the account can be made via branch and post
Can I withdraw money?
Please see the ‘Taking money out’ section of the Product Features leaflet for full information
- Withdrawals are available after 35 days’ notice with no access charge and can be made by post or branch only. Withdrawals can be made by cheque, cash (at our Epsom branch), transfer to a pre-nominated bank account in the company’s name, or transfer to another account held with us. Minimum withdrawal is £100
- Immediate withdrawals are not permitted
TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross. Your organisation is responsible for any tax payable to HM Revenue & Customs
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
All financial information correct on 6 February 2017.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Savings Account Enquiry Team on 03300 243413.
View our interest rates for business accounts